Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup sweet unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sweet creamy or crunchy peanut butter (do not use reduced fat versions)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup light muscovado sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F / 165 degrees C .
- Have ready at least 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and both sugars and beat until combined well.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Stir in flour and baking soda gradually until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Using a meatball scooper or a spoon, scoop out small portions of dough and drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 2" gap between each cookie.
- Bake for about 17 minutes or until cookies are just firm around the edges- don't overbake- if you wait until they are brown on top, they will be too hard.
- Slide parchment sheet, cookies and all, carefully off pan and onto your counter, set a new piece of parchment paper onto your baking sheet and repeat until all dough is baked.
- Meanwhile, as the next batch bakes, remove baked cookies from the parchment and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Wipe off the crumbs from the old sheet of parchment and you can reuse it for your next batch.
- These will keep about 3 days stored in a cookie tin (for crisp cookies) or an airtight plastic container (for softer cookies). You can also freeze some to enjoy later.